Friday, February 22, 2013

NoseFrida Saves the Night!

A couple of nights ago my nine-month old grandson spent the night. Normally he sleeps through the night, but he is having some problems with allergies, and apparently our kitty cats don't help matters. (That's another story...know anybody who wants a sweet cat or two?)

Sweet, peaceful sleep at last!
Thank you NoseFrida!!
He woke up once around 11:30, then again at 1:00. When he woke up the second time, he didn't want a bottle, he just wanted to be held. So I brought him in to our bed where his grandpa and I snuggled him. He fell asleep on my chest, but when I tried to put him back in his bed, he woke right back up. So we decided the only way we were going to get any sleep was to bring him in with us. (I certainly understand why we have our babies when we're younger - at 50+ I don't have nearly the stamina I did at 30!)

He sounded like a lawnmower on a summer Saturday morning.


When her bulb syringe broke open,
Mitzi was appalled!
He fell asleep again on my chest, but he was so congested that he sounded sort of like a lawnmower on a summer Saturday morning - no way you can sleep through that! So I jumped up and fished the NoseFrida out of his diaper bag.

A couple of sucks on the snot sucker, and we had a different baby! He fell into a quiet sleep and did well until about six in the morning! I honestly don't know what we would have done if we hadn't had the NoseFrida. It made the difference between sleep and no sleep in our household that night.

After seeing this picture of a bulb syringe posted by Mitzi Johnson, I was so thankful we had a safer way to clear out N's little nose. Mitzi was about to use this syringe on her son when it broke in two. She says, "I nearly had a heart attack! I'm thankful that it broke! I immediately threw it in the trash after I snapped the photo."

Baby M likes to do it herself!
The wonderful thing about being a grandparent is that you get to love your grandkids, snuggle them, spoil them a little and send them back to mommy.  But you better believe that I will be absolutely certain that the next time N spends the night here, I'll have a NoseFrida handy.

Recently my friend Amanda sent me a picture of her little girl using the NoseFrida. I don't think I've ever seen a child try to suction her own nose with a bulb syringe, but baby M knows that the NoseFrida will make her feel all better!

Would you like to win a NoseFrida? Leave a comment below, and we will be picking a winner on Feb. 28. If you have a NoseFrida story, we'd love to hear it. Be sure to put your email in your comment so we can contact you if you win!

13 comments:

  1. I'd love to win one! I know there's no way I could convince my husband to buy one, much less use it! I get snot duty around our house....with saline & a bulb syringe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am expecting and have a two year old. I need one of these suckers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great product! I would love to win one for my 12 mo old (and his always snotty nose haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had baby Charlotte and every time we were in before her arrival, you were out! We were always a day late! We need to get one soon and what better way than to win one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome product! I would love one for our little two month old Camille!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Random.org picked you as the winner!!! Give us a call at 256-489-2590 to claim your prize.

      Delete
  6. Cora hasn't needed one in her first 6 weeks of life, but I imagine there will be a time it will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I are expecting our first little boy in March. We know we have many sleepless nights ahead of us and would LOVE to have this item!! We've heard great things about the NoseFrida and would love any item that will help with those long nights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to win one! My almost 8 month old son hates the bulb syringe, and they are so har to clean! I work in the Neonatal ICU, and the NoseFrida is about as close to hospital suction as you can get. :)

    my e-mail is jacquebear@iwebmedia.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jacque for giving us the perspective of a NICU nurse! That is awesome!!

      Delete
  9. Would love to win one of these!
    Lylebreanne@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to win! I have a two year old son and a little girl due in May. I wish I had bought one before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Ashley Ezzell. Random.org picked her as our winner!

    ReplyDelete