We had several moms who thought their best pregnancy investment involved a clothing purchase.
|The Mom-EZ maternity belt offers|
terrific back support! (available at ANM)
- Maternity pants - one mom said that if she hadn't had pregnancy pants, she would have been in pajamas all the time!
- Long maxi dress
- Back support belt
- Stretchy pants
- Maternity tanks from Target
- Maternity jeans from the Gap
- Pajama Jeans - one mom who had sworn she'd never buy them ended up absolutely loving them.
- Nursing tops - these are a great pregnancy purchase because you can wear them long afterwards to enable you to breastfeed discreetly
Some moms felt that their best pregnancy investment was something they did to take care of themselves.
- Chiropractic care - if you need a chiropractor who is very familiar with the needs of pregnant women, check out Dr. Patty Long in Meridianville.
- A Pedicure - you deserve to feel pretty and pampered while pregnant!
- Seasickness bands - one mom said they were a lifesaver after she was hospitalized for vomiting and dehydration
Several moms felt that certain foods were their favorite pregnancy purchase!
- A lot of fruit
- Hot and Now Krispy Kreme Donuts
- Sherbet, LOTS of sherbet
- Chili cheese dog from Sonic
- Mango Smoothie
- Watermelon - one mom said this kept her from feeling "blah"
Many of our respondents felt that a pregnancy pillow was their very best pregnancy purchase. Here's what our moms had to say:
- Snoogle (one mom had to buy a second snoogle because her husband took hers!) and mini-snoogle
- Boppy Total Pregnancy Pillow - we had a mom say she couldn't sleep during pregnancy without it.
- Prego Pillow
|Doulas can make a HUGE difference!|
Some mothers thought that the decisions regarding their birth and early post-partum were their best pregnancy investment.
- Midwife services
- A doula - one mom said that her doula kept her laughing and not feeling contractions until she was almost 10 cm!
- A Medela postpartum support - one mom who had a C-section said it made her feel like she wasn't going to fall apart when she stood up.
- Nursing pads so you don't leak when milk comes in
Other moms thought that purchases they made for the baby topped the list.
- Cloth diapers - one mom said they've saved her a lot of money and all the colors and patterns have made it really fun.
- Breast pump - this one is really for mom and baby, but one mom said it really helped her be able to avoid formula when her little one was too sleepy to latch.
- A Heart-tones Monitor - One mom felt that using this early in her pregnancy gave her peace of mind that she needed
- Carseat/Stroller Combo - one mom said that was awesome to have with a sleeping baby!
- Moby wrap
- Rock & Play sleeper
- A Baby sling
Finally, one mother said that her best purchase while pregnant was a Sam's Club Membership....makes a lot of sense! You can get a LOT of comfort food at Sams as well as some pretty cool things for later on, too!
What was YOUR best pregnancy purchase??