Nope, you can't argue with me.
Nope, it doesn't matter how much I don't get paid.
Nope, getting a call at midnight is not a nuisance....
I told you, I have the BEST job in the world.
Here are the top ten reasons why being an IBCLC absolutely rocks!!
- Newborn babies smell so sweet and are so soft, and I get to hold them all the time!
- Seeing a mother go from tears of frustration to tears of relief is priceless.
- Teaching is a key component of my job, and I love to teach!
- I have the opportunity to see babies I worked with grow into toddlers, preschoolers and even young adults.
- The friendships I have built with mothers over the years have enriched my life beyond belief.
- IBCLC's are an amazing group of people to call colleagues!
- I get to learn new things all the time as I research conditions that are new to me.
- God designed the breastfeeding relationship so when I help a mother nurse successfully, I am enabling her to do what her Creator intended her to do.
- I have the privilege of "weeping with those who weep" - when a mother is struggling I can encourage her. When she is broken-hearted I can pray for her. When she needs affirmation, I can give it.
- Nothing compares with the amazing privilege of touching the lives of moms and babies every single day.
If an IBCLC has made a difference in your life, take a minute to thank her and maybe even leave a comment here for her!