|I finally caught up with Herbie!|
- I have an amazing Savior whose sacrifice has made it possible for me to know without a doubt where I will spend eternity.
- I have been married to a wonderful man for 28 1/2 years!
- My 4 children are all doing well and fill my heart with such joy!
- My mother is still in good health and lives less than a mile from me. It's great when your mom is one of your very best friends!!
- I have the most precious church family I could ever imagine. We have been privileged to be at our church for 8 years now and love our little congregation so much.
- Every day I get to come to the best job imaginable - working with moms and babies.
There are just three things I am wishing for this birthday. Maybe you can help or know someone who can.
Funding for Military Moms Project
We are trying to provide hospital grade breast pumps and free lactation consultation to all military moms. If their babies are in the NICU or there is a medical condition, Tricare will cover it, no questions asked. However, if they don't have that situation, we have to raise the money to cover it.
- Do you have any connections with people or companies that might be willing to help with a grant?
- Would you like to make an end-of-the-year tax deductible donation to our non-profit, the MOM Foundation?
- Could you please vote for us to receive an Intuit grant and share with your network of contacts?
Gently Used Nursing Bras
It sounds silly to say I want used bras for my birthday, but I do! All sizes!!! We provide the bras to mothers in the WIC food program, and it breaks my heart when we don't have the size a mom needs. We call it our Bosom Buddy program, and YOU are the key to it's success. If we don't have a steady stream of bras coming in from our customers, we start to run really low.
|I'm not getting any younger, so I better|
make this year count!!
My birthday challenge to our readers is to see if we can get 53 gently used nursing bras in honor of my 53rd birthday. We received 9 today, so only 44 to go! I'll keep you updated on the progress!!
A Growing Team National Network of Moms
We are part of the most amazing co-op/purchasing group that I've ever seen. It's sort of like Costco, Direct Buy and Sam's Club on steroids! We have our Nurturing Moment team that includes some pretty amazing people, and is continuing to grow. Members save money on everything from automobiles to furniture to ink cartridges and q-tips. The best part of all, though, is that they pay you for word of mouth advertising. It's a vehicle that is blessing families around the country by allowing moms to stay home with their children.
However, it is also blessing A Nurturing Moment because in this tough economy, it is helping us keep the doors open. If you're looking for a way to save money or make an extra income (no get-rich quick here...you do have to work at it), then give me a call. We promise that there's no product to sell, no pressure whatsoever, and no pushiness!
In closing, I want to say thank you to each one of you who enrich my life in so many ways. Our ANM family truly is a family. You bless us in so many ways. I just hope that the long-term vision I have for ANM (that's for another blog another day) will continue to bless moms all over North Alabama!
Hugs to you all!!
|Herbie says Thanks, too!|