But when it really comes right down to it, you don't actually NEED a lot of things for baby. You need loving arms and a heart full of love....of course, breasts that produce a lot of milk don't hurt either! However, there are two very important items that I think are pretty essential for new moms. In fact, I have them both prominently displayed within feet of each other in my store.
1. A comfortable place to nurse your baby.
We sell the StoryTime Collection from Best Chairs. Made in Indiana, these chairs offer superior quality and workmanship at affordable prices. We always have several chairs available for sale on the floor, or you can order a chair in the fabric of your choosing, and receive it within 8 weeks. If you would like to take a look at the options available, check out the design center.
2. A safe place for baby to sleep right next to your bed.
We sell the full range of Arm's Reach products. You can order your co-sleeper and will generally receive it within a couple of weeks.
Whatever Makes You Happy
I asked our moms what two things they would say a new mom needs. Here are some of the top suggestions
- A good support network - suggestions included friends who breastfeed, an encouraging husband, an older experienced mom to babysit and a lactation consultant.
- A baby carrier to wear your baby; several moms specified a ring sling.
- Somewhere comfy and quiet to nurse
- Foods and snacks that can be eaten with one hand
- A fridge stocked with water